Visitor Experience Coordinator at Smithsonian - GS-07 - open until 2/3
Position Title: Visitor Experience Coordinator
Announcement Number: 17R-JW-300943-DEU-NMNH
Hiring Agency: Smithsonian Institution, National Museum of Natural History
Series/Grade: GS - 1001 07
Location(s): Washington DC, DC, US
The Visitor Experience Coordinator position is located in the Branch of Learning Venues and Visitor Experience, Office of Education & Outreach, National Museum of Natural History (NMNH), Smithsonian Institution.
The purpose of this position is to assist in the day-to-day management of the Visitor Experience program, including customer service, space and reservation management, coordinating support services, scheduling and coordinating volunteer visitor experience program staff, and dissemination of information concerning facilities use, and related financial tasks, i.e., purchasing and invoicing.
- Assists Visitor Experience Manager in the carrying out all elements of Visitor Experience operations including day-to-day operations.
- Opens the Visitor Information Centers (desks and satellites) each day, coordinates the daily maintenance and upkeep.
- Fosters solid working relationships with museum staff and volunteers to provide the best customer service to museum visitors.
- Serves as assigned, on working groups or other committees, within NMNH or across the Smithsonian, which develop visitor experience activities, programs, and/or products.
- Communicates clearly, courteously, and effectively to all visitors, volunteers, and staff.
- Responds to visitor telephone calls, emails, and comment cards within three business days.
Basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Knowledge of museum management, operations, policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Knowledge of principles of volunteer management and techniques for recruiting, training, instructing, scheduling, retaining, evaluating and overseeing volunteers.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and administrative concepts, theories, principles, methods and techniques.
- Ability to assess, analyze, coordinate and evaluate a variety of work processes, programs and activities and develop or assist in developing plans, systems and procedures.
- Skill in oral communication sufficient to address varied audiences.
- Skill in written and digital communication sufficient to address varied audiences, respond to inquiries.
You must apply for this position online through www.usajobs.gov at:
for non-federal employees or
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/462253100 for current of former Federal employees
|Next topic: "Museum Curator - Davidson County, TN"|
|Previous topic: "Museum Specialist (Anthropology), GS-09 - Suitland, MD"|
|Looking for something else? Show recent posts in Employment-Listings|